Mirador Astronomy Village
Key features of Mirador Astronomy Village:
- Residents rent their domiciles and there are no up-front costs to live in the community except for a standard rental deposit.
- Residents interested in having their own observatory will rent them and provide their own equipment.
- The community will be operated by a renter-owner cooperative.
- Astronomy programs will be provided for visitors, guests, and residents.
- Lodging will be provided for visitors and guests, and there will be facilities for RVs.
- There will be no dusk-to-dawn lighting, and allowed lighting will be designed and installed so that it does not interfere with astronomical activities.
- Affordability will be accomplished through community income and by sharing resources so that community members will not be
required to individually own everything they need or use.
For more information about specific community features, see https://skythisweek.info/mirador.pdf.
The future website for Mirador Astronomy Village will be
Please contact me if you would like to help Mirador Astronomy Village become a reality.
Mirador Astronomy Village Project Coordinator